Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring-Breakthroughs



While I haven't posted anything on here in a while I have been keeping track of my progress in other ways, sketchbooks, sticky notes on my laptop etc. although when it comes down to it I still want to keep this as updated as possible.

With review a little over a week away and the show shortly thereafter I am aware I still have a ridiculous amount of work to do. I started realizing that I had perhaps been doing way too much thinking and researching and not enough actual making. This actually surprised me because I don't think I have ever gotten as into the research of a project as this one however, over my Spring Break a few weeks ago I finally started putting everything together and realized I wanted to work out some sort of installation type piece.

I realized that everything I was working on needed to come together in some way that mimicked the ideas I was working on. Obviously this is key to any project, especially in the design world, that your medium seems appropriate to the content. This led to me realize I wanted to do a piece that was somewhat interactive, used a variety of media, and really made you feel connected to the things being shown, read, and heard.

Here was my initial sketch for what I started thinking about in terms of installation. Things have changed a bit since then however the larger idea is still the same.


New post to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment