Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fabric search

Had my last official senior show class this Tuesday before review. It actually went really well, Chitra and I had a good conversation and I'm really liking how everything is turning out. The feedback I get from my fellow students and faculty is always very helpful and things are finally seeming to come together.

I have taken a slight step backwards to some original ideas however, going back to more of a variety of mediums rather than an all digital, vinyl typeface. While initially I thought doing that would help clean things up it seems to actually create a disconnect with the rest of the piece. Instead I am incorporating other ways to display this type that fit more with this idea of subtly and layering.

Also talk of adding in a few more pops of color. Looking at all of my materials again and such I think possibly a reddish-orange might be work really well. I also am looking to do a piece on the floor as well creating a really nice ladder effect that draws your eye from the wall, to the suitcase placed in the middle, down to floor. A trip to the fabric store got me looking at some new materials to incorporate in.


(unfortunately I left my camera in my back-pack and only had a phone to take pictures with. not the best quality)
(close-up) good rug material, seems good to cut into as well.

Possible patterns, a little more wild and yet less bright.

I plan on researching a bit more tonight on various tapestries and quilting/ sewing/ etc. This is all new to me and other than the typography I had previous I am really experimenting a lot here and my biggest concern right now is how to finish off all of the pieces so they look completed while still fitting of the body of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment