Thursday, April 7, 2011

Inspirational images

As I've been working on the final stages of my piece I have been having an issue with how to actually making the piece look finished and whole. We discussed today about how to create an environment in which the set looked like it's own entity and did not run into anyone elses work. While I have done a lot of research in terms of the content of my project must admit I have not looked at many images of artists doing similar work to myself.

Tonight I changed that and searched a few different installation type pieces I found inspirational. I'm considering the piece needs a sort of backdrop that will differ it from the rest of the walls in the gallery, however with constraints such as what I am allowed to install on the walls this could potentially be an issue. Some sort of wallpaper could be really interesting, possibly peeling and unfinished looking. Or even a different type of baseboard molding in order to distinguish the small "room" I have created.

Here are a few images now littering my desktop background.One thing we talked about in review was this idea of an organized chaos. Making people feel uncomfortable and the tension of having pieces that look unfinished.

While I believe this is just a staged photograph, the composition as a whole has a nice feel to it. I am loving that wall texture with the cracks, dots, and half paper surrounding the doorway.


This is an interesting piece because the white gallery walls seem to only emphasize the artists work. He/she has used this idea of the "gallery" in their favor rather than trying to alter the space at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment